Ghosting on craigslist is when your ads posted successfully appears to be hidden. These ads are not searchable nor they appear on the site. These hidden ads are referred to as ‘ghosted’. Thus, there are some factors causing ad ghosting. These are as follows:
- Posting location is suspicious.
- Attaching links to your ads.
- Posting number of ads.
- Posted done by many users.
- Post to many boards.
Ghosting prevention techniques:
No magical power solves the ghosting problem, as the exact cause of ghosting is unknown. But, there are certain techniques to prevent ghosting, these are as follows:
- You should post your ads locally. Posting from a network using your phone is not reliable. You want to make sure that you post ads from a local internet connection.
- never post ads with many people.
- You post your ads on different days. Posting duplicated content will cause suspicion from craigslist.
- often change ad titles and description. By doing this, your ads will be treated a duplicate. They will show up on the top.
- You should not add links to your ads. Users usually don’t like having links in the ad as it takes them away from the website.
- You should clear the browser cookies, once you log off your Craigslist account. Otherwise, it can continuously track you with it.
- You should not keep posting ads for a couple of days. Craigslist tracks how many ads are posted by the same account and exceeded the posting limit.
- You should change the email associated with your Craigslist account.
- You can start completely clean by creating a new craigslist account if all else fails. For creating a new account.